When we set out to build Whitecap in early 1997, we defined some key principles on
which to found our company.
Many of the world's greatest companies today were built not just around excellent
products and services, but also around a value system that fostered a unique
This culture, more times than not, translated itself into the way the company interacted
and responded to their customers; the way employees were treated; the working
environment; and the company's involvement in the community - their willingness to
give something back!
Listed below are our key corporate values. These are the things we strive for. We look to
hire people who we believe can contribute to our team, above and beyond their technical or
marketing prowess. We look for people who can relate to these values and want to participate in
the things that make Whitecap Canada a great place to work and build their career.
- Our clients are at the center of everything we do - our clients are the ONLY reason we are in business. We will go to extreme lengths to ensure that our clients are extremely happy with the work we do for them.
- Our employees are just like everyone else! They care about their health, their family and their friends. They want a career that is challenging, rewarding and one that also offers work/life balance. They want to work for a company that treats them with respect and provides them with an environment where they can utilize their skills and maximize their potential. They want to be recognized and rewarded for their success.
- Whitecap will endeavor to provide structure and an environment consistent with our employees' needs. In doing so, we believe we can attract the best people in the industry and we will grow based on the talents, strengths and loyalty of our employees.
- It's important to have fun working at Whitecap!
- Given two equally talented candidates for a particular job, Whitecap will hire people with disabilities whenever possible and where it makes sense to do so.
- Whitecap will ultimately allow all our employees to share in the success of the business through profit sharing each year.
- Whitecap contributes a portion of each year's profits to charities that work with people who have disabilities and/or children’s charities. Specifically, Whitecap supports The Canadian Electric Wheelchair Hockey Association (CEWHA), Friends of the Orphans, Canada, World Vision Canada, The Canadian Cancer Society, and The Gateway (Salvation Army).