Do you consider yourself tops in your field as a Project Manager, leading software development and system integration projects largely involving Microsoft .NET based technologies? Then read on...
Whitecap is a software designer, software developer, systems integrator & full-service software management company. We are a youthful and dynamic firm, developing leading edge business applications for the web and for mobile devices. Our projects vary, with technical challenges and professional growth opportunities aplenty. We offer a relaxed work environment with flexible hours, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Whitecap is actively seeking a Project Manager with a background of success and hands-on experience managing software projects. The successful candidate will lead Whitecap project teams on the design, development and implementation of web-based business systems for clients across a variety of industries. We also do significant mobile development for mobile devices.
The position largely involves:
- Managing Internet and intranet application development and systems integration projects, of widely varying sizes and complexity
- Developing, tracking, and managing project budgets, work plans, timelines and scope
- Maintaining ongoing clear lines of communication with all project stakeholders, especially clients and project sponsors
- Ensuring client expectations and quality standards are met for all project deliverables
- Direct supervision of creative design, development and quality assurance staff
- On occasion, taking a hands-on role in actual systems definition and delivery activities, especially in the areas of requirements analysis, systems design and quality assurance
- Assisting business development personnel in pre-sales activities, including sales calls and proposal preparation
We are looking for someone with:
- At least five years of relevant project management experience involving successful (on time, within budget, high quality) delivery of business-oriented software solutions
- Excellent communication skills, a confident manner and demonstrable experience gaining credibility with business partners
- A background involving structured application of project management methodologies
- Strong organizational, planning, influencing and conflict management skills
- A strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and project management tools such as MS Project
Ideally, you will also have:
- A university degree in a business or technology programme
- PMI PMP certification
- A career background that includes hands-on software development experience